Abstracts for proposed talks and posters at the IAU338 meeting are welcome.
Pleases note that only abstracts/posters submitted by people who have registered will be considered.
To submit an abstract, please fill in this form. Abstracts are due September 5, 2017. Abstracts received after September 5 will be considered for posters.
To submit a poster, please follow the following guideline:
- One panel is available for display of each poster. Posters must not exceed 46 inches (116 cm) wide by 45 inches (114 cm) high.
- Poster boards will be numbered. Place your poster on the appropriate numbered poster board.
- Velcro for attaching the poster display to the fabric panel backing is supplied by symposium.
- Electrical outlets will not be provided in the poster presentation area.
Preparation of Poster
- The official language for the posters is English.
- Prepare the poster on material that is lightweight. The material can be on one sheet so that it canbe rolled up for easy transport or on separate panels for individual mounting.
- Posters should be readable from 6 feet (2 meters). Capital letters should be at least 3/8 inch (1cm) high after enlargement to full poster size. Photographs should be a minimum of 5×7 inches.
- Handouts, if appropriate, should be directly related to the topic of the poster and must not contain advertising.
- Your poster should be self-explanatory so that you are free to supplement and discuss particular points raised by inquiry. It may include diagrams and charts, reaction schemes, table recordings, graphs, photographs, or written text, such as abstract summary, introduction, methods, results and conclusions.
- On the top left corner of your poster if is optional but beneficial for you to add a photo of yourself so you can be easily identified with your poster content.
- Some effects that may be used in a poster include color (effective in diagrams and charts), transparent overlays, and samples of materials, models, etc.
- Arrange the material in sections, each without too many details but with a common thread.
- See below on complete instructions on how to build a poster.
- On the top left corner of your poster reserve a space 4 inches (10 cm) wide by 4 inches (10 cm) high for the poster number provided by symposium. This number will also be identified in the program so people who have an interest in your poster can easily find it.
- Avoid overcrowding figures into tables. Legends and titles should accompany all figures, tables, photographs, etc. in order to allow their immediate identification.
- If you are not familiar with this form of presentation, we recommend that you plan the layout of the poster with an art/design consultant and consider having the artwork professionally drawn.
- No commercial activities nor any advertising may be displayed on the posters. Not complying with this rule will result in the poster being removed.