Important information for speakers
- Invited talks are 36 minutes (30+6) and contributed talks are 12 minutes (10+2).
- All talks are being livestreamed over zoom from a laptop with a wired ethernet connection for bandwidth considerations.
- Speakers must use the laptop provided for their talk. Disconnecting the room laptop will interrupt the zoom stream of the session.
- It is preferred that you upload your talk through the Google Drive link provided to speakers. You may also upload your talk to the session computer using a USB memory stick.
- Please use the filename N_FirstName_LastName.pdf for your talk where "N" is the number for the order of the talk in the session. Virtual participants should amend the filename to N_FirstName_LastName_V.pdf to alert the chair it will be presented virtually.
- Please use the microphone provided for best sound quality to both the in-person and virtual participants.
- Invited talks are 36 minutes (30+6) and contributed talks are 12 minutes (10+2). Mini-symposia include an invited talk and contributed talks.
- The chair should give 5 minute and 1 minute warnings for invited talks; but only a 2 minute warning for contributed talks.
- Please repeat questions asked by the audience or in the zoom chat so that both the in-person and zoom audience can hear.
- Remote speakers (presenting over zoom) should still upload their talk to the Google drive and have the session chair display/advance the talk which will mitigate potential bandwidth issues and screen sharing changes.
- Talks are not being recorded and all uploaded material will be deleted immediately after the meeting.
- We recommend using the pdf file format for talks for better platform independence.
- A view of the speaker is bring broadcast from the laptop camera. Standing in front of the podium will make the speaker best visible to the zoom audience.
- There will be a "ready room" provided where you can preview/test your talk.
Local Organizing Committee:
J. Blackmon (chair), C. Deibel, J. Draayer, L. Kaplan, K. Launey, S. Marley, and F. Wietfeldt